Tuesday 11 March 2008

Veteran Sergeant Conversion

Today I picked up a chimera transport from the local GamesWorkshop store (Walsall), and so I thought I’d get to work on my armoured fist squad.

I’ve already got most of the troops painted (just regular guardsmen), but I thought I’d forgo a heavy weapon team (to give the squad increased mobility) and just include a special weapon with this squad (either a meltagun or plasma gun). However, I think I would like this unit to pack more of a punch than that, and so I plan on including a veteran sergeant with a plasma pistol to lead them into battle.


The model is predominately cadian pieces with catachan pouches and grenade. The plasma pistol was made by cutting off the laspistol from the sergeant’s right arm and replacing it with a plasma pistol cut from a space marine arm (from the tactical upgrade sprue I purchased last month). It required a bit of greenstuff to get it looking right, but overall I’m happy with the result.

No comments: