Friday 1 February 2008

About This Blog

I have recently decided to try and get back into wargaming... with GamesWorkshop's Warhammer 40,000 being the game I am going to try. I therefore thought it might be a nice idea to keep track of how I'm collecting and painting a small army of miniatures, and also just document some of my thoughts as a newcomer to the current incarnation of the game.

I will admit that I have played WH40K in the past... though that was a long time ago - back when I was still at school and using the 'rogue trader' hardback rulebook (I painted a small space marine force and started on an imperial guard army). That was the 1st edition of the game, and if the rumours I'm reading on the internet are true, 5th edition will be out this year. Yep... that makes me feel a little old.

I also only ever played a few games back then, but seeing as how the guy in the local GamesWorkshop store said I could pretty much forget the 'Rogue Trader' stuff anyway (as the rules have changed a lot over the years apparently) I'll be approaching this from the perspective of someone who has recently come back to the hobby - someone who is not much more than a total newbie.

No comments: