Saturday 16 February 2008

Hardened Veterans Conversions

So now I’ve actually got an infantry platoon finished, I’ve been busy converting a few more miniatures to create a hardened veterans unit. As before I’ve used cadian bodies and legs, catachan arms, cadian heavy weapon sprue backpacks, and a mix of cadian and catachan heads. The special weapons are from a space marine weapon sprue.


I’ve also only given them 2 special weapons at the moment, so that I can also use these as proxies for stormtroopers (using the grenadier doctrine) - so that they can be used as another ‘troops’ choice if need be.

The reason for this (for anyone like myself just coming back to the game or for someone unfamiliar with how you field an army) is because in standard missions you are required to take 2 troops choice units and 1 HQ choice unit. Normally hardened veterans and stormtroopers are classed as ‘elite’ choices (and thus optional units) – but you can also select up to five ‘doctrines’ to customise your army and give it an individual feel. One of these doctrines allows you to use a number of stormtrooper units as a ‘troops’ selection.

No comments: