Saturday 2 February 2008

eBay Savings

My first purchases (not surprisingly) for my imperial guard army have been a bunch of plastic cadian figures. I will admit that I’m on quite a tight budget, so I have purchased a few from eBay that were 100% complete and still on the sprues, but were missing the original box/packaging.

So for £28.60 (including all postage and packing charges) I have got 20 cadian shock troops and 3 heavy weapon squads. The same figures from GW would have been £38 if I purchased them from the high-street store, or £42 if I ordered them online and had them delivered to my door.

So all in all, quite a saving.

I did however feel a little bad for not supporting the local store, and so when I was in town I paid them a visit and purchased a pack of two officers (equipped with bolt-pistols and chainswords) for £7.

So in total, the current cost of this project has been £35.60 – which (if I’m reading various internet sites and forums right) has got me enough figures to put together a small platoon.

No comments: