Friday 1 February 2008

Which Army?

In all honesty, the only armies that appeal to me at this time (as they did back in the day) are the forces of the Imperium.

At first (after playing the Dawn of War computer game) I was tempted with Space marines (I even painted up a couple of 'Blood Ravens' from some old miniatures that I had lying around in the attic) but in the end I opted for the Imperial Guard.

The main reason for this is that I really like the look of the latest batch of plastic miniatures (the Cadian's), and the fact that they are just basic humans - not genetically modified supermen, not some world consuming monster race ...just a guy with a gun (and a pretty lame gun at that).

As such I've drawn (in photoshop) a little company badge (that appears at the top of the blog) for the 4th company of the 101st regiment ...though I haven't come up with a name of the homeworld yet.

I've also been thinking of what I should do with regard to rulebooks and such. The trouble is, I got burned a little with Dungeons & Dragons (basically I invested in a lot of 3rd edition D&D not long before they put out 3.5 edition) and as such I'm thinking of trying to get hold of a cheap second hand codex via ebay (and maybe the rulebook too) until the rumoured 5th edition books come out later this year.

I was also rummaging around in the attic and dug out a bunch of the old plastic and metal guardsmen that I never got round to painting...

...my original idea was to practice a few colour schemes on them before getting to work on any new miniatures - but I'm now thinking that they might be usable for conscripts or something similar.

That is assuming using older GW figures is game-legal.

No comments: