Wednesday 6 February 2008

The Codex

My codex arrived today...


...and like I hinted at previously, I decided to bid on a used copy on eBay. It only cost £5 and is pretty good condition.

My first impression of the book is that it looks pretty nice, with artwork that matches the style that I remember. About one quarter of the book is filled with photographs of miniatures, but I’ll reserve judgment on that until I have actually read the book, and then I should have a better idea if I think some of those pages would have been better used to tell me more about the guard rather than being an ‘imperial guard miniatures catalogue’ – though I have to admit the figures and tanks sure do look nice.

So now I can finally start playing around with some army lists, and basically just reacquaint myself with the guard.

No comments: