Monday 25 February 2008

First Vehicle

I recently got a sentinel walker on eBay for £6.50 (+99p P&P), and so I thought I’d take a break from painting infantry figures and try a similar painting technique on a vehicle.

The model itself was unassembled and still on the sprue, but was missing the original box, the instructions, and one of the alternate heads for the pilot – so, all in all, I think I got a pretty good deal (as the model usually retails for £12).

Anyway, I quickly realised that it would be near impossible to paint the inside of the cockpit once it was all assembled, and so I applied the base coat of paint while the model was in a few separate pieces.

Once these were finished and the model glued together (and touched up in a few places) I then applied the woodstain washes to the vehicle as I did with the infantry figures. Once dry I did notice that it left some of the large flat panels quite dirty looking (which kinda looked OK) but I decided to tidy these up a little bit and also add a simple highlight here and there.

And here’s the end result:

Once again, it’s not great - but I quite like the way it turned out.

No comments: